SWP technical reports by date
Please note: Some of these reports are restricted access.
- Selection for solid wood properties in Eucalyptus nitens
SWP-T005 - Access: unrestricted.
Eucalyptus nitens can be recognised as one of the tree species in New Zealand with an advanced breeding programme that is moving towards its fourth generation. Eucalyptus nitens is one of the most…
- Initial evaluation of genomic selection to improve wood property in Eucalyptus nitens breeding population
SWP-T006 - Access: unrestricted.
The E. nitens genetic improvement programs are predominantly based on open-pollinated progeny tests. This approach produces high levels of hidden relatedness whose ignorance causes upward bias in genetic parameters. Development…
- Breeding plan for the development of Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii var. menziesii) in New Zealand
SWP-T003 - Access: unrestricted.
Douglas-fir is renowned for its stiff wood and is one of the finest structural timbers in the world. Eighty per cent out of 105,000 hectares planted Douglas-fir in New Zealand…
- Alternative Species Site Mapping Review and Analysis
SWP-T004 - Access: unrestricted.
Background Commercial forestry in New Zealand is dominated by the site insensitive species Pinus radiata (radiata pine). The commercial planting of non-radiata pine (alternative) forestry species over the last century has…
- Results of assessments in FR375, Beaumont controlled-pollinated 1999 Douglas fir progeny trial
SWP-T001 - Access: unrestricted.
The 1999 controlled-pollinated Douglas-fir trial at Beaumont (FR375) was designed to compare selections from the first Douglas-fir breeding population. They had been selected as the best individuals in the best-adapted…