Members of the NZ Farm Forestry Association have been growing indigenous forests for many decades and have valuable experience to share. We recommend you join NZFFA and the Indigenous Forest Section, get involved with your local NZFFA branch, and visit some local growers to learn more about growing indigenous species for timber.
- Black beech - Nothofagus solandri var. solandri
- Silver beech - Nothofagus menziesii
- Red beech - Nothofagus fusca
- Kahikatea - Dacrycarpus dacrydioides
- Totara - Podocarpus totara