Please note: Some of these reports are restricted access.
- Forest Protection SSIF research on species other than radiata pine 2018/19
SWP-T081 - Access: NZFFA membership. This SWP report shall at all times be kept confidential and not directly or indirectly be made available to anyone who is not an SWP member.
Plantation species other than Pinus radiata (radiata pine), in particular Douglas-fir and eucalypts, form an important part of a diversified forest estate. Douglas-fir is planted over approx. 105,000 ha. and is the…
- Durable Eucalypts - A Multi-Regional Opportunity for New Zealand’s Drylands
SWP-T076 - Access: unrestricted.
Focus Areas and Action/Goals for 2019-2022 The NZDFI has developed this regional strategy to provide a rationale and overview of its planned activities over the next three years and beyond. The…
- Identifying processing opportunities for key specialty tree species; - processing options analysis using the WoodScape model
SWP-T073 - Access: unrestricted.
The Specialty Wood Products Research Partnership wish to know where there are opportunities to develop processing of Douglas-fir, Cypress and Eucalyptus species (nitens and fastigata). A previous report covers the…
- Identifying processing opportunities for key specialty tree species – resource analysis
SWP-T068 - Access: unrestricted.
This report covers the current and projected supply of Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco), Cypresses and Eucalyptus nitens (Deane & Maiden) Maiden across all the major wood supply regions of…
- Core funded aligned research on insects and fungi on species other than radiata pine 2017/2018
SWP-T061 - Access: unrestricted.
Plantation species other than Pinus radiata (radiata pine), specifically Douglas-fir and eucalypts, form an important part of a diversified forest estate. Douglas-fir is planted over approx. 105,000 ha. and is the most…
- Durable eucalypt forests – a multi-regional opportunity for investment in New Zealand drylands
SWP-T044 - Access: unrestricted.
We believe our vision for the establishment of a durable eucalypt plantation estate is a unique opportunity to add value to New Zealand’s current forest industry. With our elite breeding…
- Preliminary Decision Support System Stakeholder Analysis – towards the Scion SFF proposal for site-species matching
SWP-T031 - Access: unrestricted.
The purpose of this study was to conduct an end-user stakeholder analysis about the usage of Decision Support System (DSS) tools for alternative species decision making. The specific objectives were…
- A Regional Approach to Matching Specialty Timber Species to Sites
SWP-T019 - Access: unrestricted.
A report to summarise the Specialty Wood Products Partnership workshop on site-species matching A workshop on the theme of matching specialty timber species to sites was held in Wellington in…
- Alternative Species Site Mapping Review and Analysis
SWP-T004 - Access: unrestricted.
Background Commercial forestry in New Zealand is dominated by the site insensitive species Pinus radiata (radiata pine). The commercial planting of non-radiata pine (alternative) forestry species over the last century has…