Worksafe report - "A different Kettle of Fish: Small and medium scale forests"
-Sthn High Country (south)
Past President & Newsletter editor
Phone: 04 4720432
Angus Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org
-Taupo & Districts
Hamish Levack email@example.com
-Gisborne East Coast
Patrick Milne firstname.lastname@example.org
-Bay of Plenty
The members area of the NZFFA website can be accessed by using your email address and password to log in.
Your email address MUST be the address you have provided to NZFFA for your subscription (which happens to be the one this newsletter was sent to...).
If you don't have a password or can't remember it, you can get one very easily. Just follow the instructions here.
Any problems logging in then email me.
Dean Satchell, website administrator
If you are receiving this e-newsletter and don't want to, please notify NZFFA by replying.
For more information on these events, they are posted on the NZFFA website >>
Branch secretaries, please make sure you notify head office of any branch or action group events.
- Southland branch field day Forest Harvesting Visit. When: Tuesday 6th June 1.30 pm Where: Southland District Council Dipton Forest, Entrance on the left of SH6. Dipton - Winton Highway (Approximately 3 km north of…
- Short Course: Evaluating biomass energy systems Date: 8 June 2017 Where: Kelvin Hotel, 6 Kelvin St, Invercargill, New Zealand FREE attendance at the Wood Energy South Symposium plus special registration plus membership deal (details on registration form -…
- Waitomo Farm Forestry Annual Dinner When: Friday 30th June 2017 Where: Caves Motor Inn, Hangatiki Time: 6pm for Dinner at 6.30pm Guest Speaker: Jo Russell, Manager , Otorohanga Kiwi House.
- Waitomo Branch field day When: Saturday 27th May 2017 Where: Brooke Park, Te Kuiti Time: 1.30pm Meet: At the back of Bosco’s Cafe Purpose: Visit the plantation of trees that Waitomo Farm Forestry planted in the 1970’s.…
- Forest Ecosystem Services forum in the Marlborough Sounds you are cordially invited to attend the Forest Ecosystem Services regional forum on Tuesday 24th of May 2017 (8:00am to 4pm) at Havelock Marina in the Marlborough Sounds. The forum…
- Wood and species- John Purey-Cust Ponders I was encouraged to read in a recent Southland Times that living in a wooden house gives health benefits. The reporter’s name (Natalia Didovich) sounds Russian and Russians like wood,…
- Corruption in forestry has serious long-term consequences- Wink Sutton's Blog Interpol has estimated that the annual global cost of corruption in the forestry sector is of the order of US$29 billion. This supply of wood has had the effect of…
NZFFA members can set up their own blogs on the NZFFA website. Email Dean.
WorkSafe have produced a series of research reports on the Forest Industry. Report 2 is focused on SME’s.
Report 2: A Different Kettle of Fish: Small and medium scale forests
The research found that WorkSafe’s focus on small-scale forestry is warranted. This report discusses the specific issues faced in small-scale forestry and the differences between harvesting woodlots and farm forests, and large, industrial forests.
Download Report 2: "A different kettle of fish - Small and medium scale forests [PDF 1.2MB]
This link will take you to all reports. Note: Report 8 is a summary report of the 7 individual reports
Recent posts on SafeTree:
Safe winter driving
May 10, 2017
Winter’s approaching – and that can make driving even more hazardous. So, check out these top tips on keeping safe on the roads: Driving to the conditions AA has some useful tips on smart driving. These include: Before winter check... More >>
Safetree to launch certification scheme
April 28, 2017
Safetree is launching a certification scheme for forestry contractors following a successful pilot of the scheme. Safetree Contractor Certification will provide forestry with a single contractor certification scheme. More >>
|Disclaimer: Personal views expressed in this newsletter are those of the writers and do not necessarily represent those of the NZ Farm Forestry Association.