Tenco is one of New Zealand’s largest exporters of forest products. We have built to this position since 1991 when the company was set up to export lumber to growing Asian export markets. Experience and reputation count; from small beginnings Tenco has become the largest independent exporter of New Zealand lumber and New Zealand’s 4th largest log exporter. Tenco has a regular shipping program of their own log vessels and in combination with these and other ships currently calls at 7 New Zealand ports (5 North Island and 2 South Island).
Tenco buys standing forests. Tenco regularly buys smaller tracts of forest to harvest immediately or immature forests to hold until harvest time. A deal with Tenco is a certain transaction. The owner and Tenco will agree on a value of the tree crop and then Tenco will pay this amount to the owner either in a lump sum amount or on rate per volume unit out-turn from the forest depending on the nature of the tree crop.
Tenco is actively interested in buying harvestable forests or trees from areas including all the North Island (except the Gisborne and East Coast districts) and Nelson & Marlborough in the South Island .
If you own a forest in this area (16 years and older) and are ready to enter into this kind of agreement Tenco is interested to develop something with you.
Please contact: Josh.Bannan@tenco.co.nz
Work: +64 7 357 5356 Mobile: +64 21 921 595 www.tenco.co.nz
The NZIF Foundation Awards & Scholarship Applications Now Open
The NZIF Foundation is offering the following awards in 2021:
- Future Forest Scholarship for post graduate research of up to $10,000
- Up to two scholarships available
- Otago Southland Award
- One or more awards available to a combined total not exceeding $5,200
- Mary Sutherland Scholarship of $1,000
- NZ Redwood Co Scholarship of $5,000
- University Undergraduate Scholarship of $1,000
- Frank Hutchinson Postgraduate scholarship of $1,000
- Student Poster prize at NZIF Conference
- The Chavasse Travel Award is not being offered in 2021
- The Jon Dey Memorial Award has been discontinued and will not be offered in 2021 or subsequent years.
Applications, made on the application form, must be received by the Foundation administrator no later than 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021.
The awards will be announced at the Awards Dinner of the NZ Institute of Forestry Conference in Masterton on 28th June 2021.