Heartwood in Eucalyptus bosistoana (2010 plantings)
By Yanjie Li and Clemens Altaner, June 2017.
Download SWP-T028 (pdf)
The objective of this work is to screen the 2010 E. bosistoana breeding population for heartwood quantity (diameter) and quality (extractive content)
- Variation in heartwood diameter between the families was observed, opening the possibility to improve heartwood diameter in E. bosistoana by selection of superior genotypes.
- The data is comparable to that obtained from the 2009 E. bosistoana breeding populations (Li and Altaner, 2016b).
- The data has been deposited in NZDFI’s database and is now available for future analysis.
- The data will be used to select the 1st generation of improved E. bosistoana.
- Preliminary analysis indicated genetic x environment interaction.
At the time of writing this report collecting of NIR spectra from the cores obtained from Craven Road was on-going. This work will be completed shortly.
No posts yet